Running Is Healthy
Running is an extremely healthy exercise. Running helps to improve your physical, emotional and spiritual strength. If followed 5 to 15 minutes a day, 3-4 times a week regularly for years you will get your body in good shape and you will feel lighter and high spirited. This routine of running should be taken as a goal and once you achieve this goal you will become more confident too.
The following are the physical benefits of running:
- Shapely Body – Running is a useful exercise to burn extra calories accumulated in your body. Your body will shed all extra flab and it will get in beautiful shape
- Healthy Brain – Running helps to build new blood vessels (angiogenesis) and fresh nerve cells (neurogenesis) in the brain. It helps to ward-off diseases like dementia
- Healthy Heart - Running strengthens the heart. It increases the elasticity of arteries and helps in prevention of heart attacks
- Better Immune System - Running will boost your immune system and you will reduce the risk of developing blood clots in the body
- Better Lungs - Running will improve the functioning of lungs
- Increase in Good Cholesterol - Running is healthy as it will help increase good cholesterol in your body by making your metabolism better
- Prevention of Diseases - Running will help prevent strokes and women from diseases like breast cancer
There are several emotional benefits of Running, some of which are:
- Stress Buster - Running will reduce stress as you will go in open air and exert yourself which will produce good hormones in your brain/body and reduce stress
- No Depression - With regular running you will have less chance of developing depression as healthy and positive chemicals are produced in the brain
- High Mood - You will have good mood throughout the week while you maintain your running schedule
- No Anger - You will shed your anger with running and greet everybody with a cheerful attitude
I recommend you make a plan to start running today! Write your goal for the week, month and year on a piece of paper with the start date clearly marked. Update this sheet regularly for the goals achieved by you. You may gift yourself something for achieving each goal. Also take a selfie from your mobile phone of your current look and compare this with your look one year after following the regular regime of running.
Running is healthy as it increases the longevity of life. Studies suggest that runners have 30% less risk of dying from any disease and 45% less risk of dying from any heart disease. A few minutes of running in the morning will keep you cheerful the whole day.
So running is healthy with so many physical and emotional benefits.
- How Quitting Smoking Will Improve Your Fitness Levels - May 4, 2017
- How Much Is Too Much? - April 26, 2017
- Jojoba Oil And Your Beard - March 24, 2017
- Top 10 Protein Power Breakfasts - March 21, 2017
- 4 Immune Boosting Porridge Toppings - February 2, 2017
- How To Fit A Healthy Lifestyle Into A Busy New Year - January 13, 2017
- Don’t Be Fooled By These 3 Weight Loss Myths - December 21, 2016
- Why Hire a Rowing Machine? - December 6, 2016
- Don’t Run into Danger in the Darkness - November 28, 2016
- How to Work Out at Home - November 24, 2016